The Lost Land

Thursday 19 December 2013
*The second last stanza (before the one line, last stanza), is the reverse of the first stanza. The lines are written from bottom to top, instead of top to bottom.

Destined to wander these waters forever,
I close my eyes once more.
The lost land, a story that I am a part of, it was my home.
I disappear.
I step into the sea and let it caress me in its beckoning arms of water.

The tide came in and the sea took me way,
quenched my thirst but watered my grave, the last survivor .. now gone.
The village on the edge, a poetic past now barren,
screamed of voices, some feet below.
When the last breath was taken, the shadows remained,
there were no memories, for they had been detained.
The gnarled tree, once a sapling, now a wise grandfather of a thousand years,
watched all unfold.
Rooted to its roots, helpless it watched as the people slowly faded into obscurity.
The smell of the sea masks the stench of the tragedies that lie below the lost land,
where the pitter patter of children once echoed.
Sometimes I visit and let my tears flow,
sit in the shade, walk the sands that were once gardens, leaving no traces behind.

I step into the sea and let it caress me in its beckoning arms of water,
I disappear.
The lost land, a story that I am part of, it was my home.
I close my eyes once more,
destined to wander these waters forever.

I'm not sure when I'll visit again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment